Tuesday 10 January 2012

Jason's Bistro



Jason's is a place that is the reason for me to get up the morning, the coffee is my go-juice that sets me about on my flurry of activity, and my carbs for the day come directly fro the delicious and crispy almond croissants.
When jardines closed, many people spiraled into depression, but the main thing that had everyone ticking was if whether or not Jason's hole-in-the-wall  bakery was also going to close.
We needn't have worried as the proprietor of such delights as bacon croissants, almost croissants as well as beautifully baked breads and baguettes was to become a bistro, one of the most popular java zones for coffee and bread enthusiasts

I love going there to spend some time with my dad, and enjoy a delicious double shot latte, or to stop and have some of their herbal teas.
This morning was no exception, but to be completely honest that i was slightly hesitant to try their croissants, my preference not entirely being in that direction, i don't particularly enjoy overly buttery pastries... BUT as soon as my dad's croissant had landed on the table, one experimental bite turned into my ordering my own after almost finishing his.
He was not entirely amused. But now we can be foodies together and discuss the pros and cons of the bacon croissant as opposed to the almond one.
Basically, one innocent little croissant turned from this:


Please do notice the detail and care that goes into these pastries, the demand for them is rather high, so try to be there earlier rather than later to ensure that you manage to find something, anything would be perfect, to munch with your morning coffee.
Just to also add, the prices are really rather decent, quite generic prices where the quality is through the roof.

Jason's is a must, the delicious food, great service and lovely atmosphere is a definite.
I mean, this is what was left...



No comments:

Post a Comment